gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

WE NO WANT YOU ON OUR LAND!

gfx gfx
gfx
382772 Posts in 11274 Topics by 329 Members - Latest Member: kyol May 16, 2024, 10:06:17 PM
gfx*HomeHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfx
Khakain  |  General Category  |  Dimensional Void  |  Topic: Things I've Learned
gfx
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Things I've Learned  (Read 3549 times)
Hitman
Registered Member

« on: September 09, 2014, 11:36:29 AM »

Ever since I moved to Doha I feel like a completely different person. As I've gotten older I've learned to not make the same mistakes twice and now I'm at a point in my life where everything is good. I seriously don't have any problems I can think of or any vices holding me back.

For instance I know I have an addictive personality and I know that can be detrimental to my health so I intentionally moved to a place where I'm forced to live a clean and healthy life. I've replaced some of those urges with sports and other activities. Because of that I'm probably in the best shape I've ever been in and I just feel great both physically and mentally.

I'm single but I have a bunch of options on the table except I'm being extremely careful in terms of how I proceed and what decisions I make. I don't act on impulse anymore whether it comes to girls or whatever else. No dating people I work with unless it's worth the risk. No dating older girls no matter how hot they are unless I'm willing to go all the way. No more dating friends that could potentially lead to awkward situations in my social circles (unless I'm willing to lose other friends in the process). And most importantly, no more rushing to change things when life is good.

The last thing I've learned is to really appreciate things as they happen. Right now life is good and I know it. I don't want to wait until this phase of my life passes for me to reflect on how awesome it was. It's much better to take it all in understanding exactly what it is. And because I'm happy I'm not rushing to change things for the sake of changing them which is something I've been guilty of so many times in the past. I want more eventually but I also want to be smart about how I do things.

I don't know if it's because I have a very clear head or because I'm getting older but it feels good to realize mistakes you've made in the past so you can avoid making them again.

Anyone else notice this about themselves? Have you learned from the past? Do you see things differently now?
Dave
Can really screw up
Platinum Member
Registered Member

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 12:38:27 PM »

My plan is to have a shitty life and regret my 20's as much as possible so that by the time I'm in my 40's, I'll have no excuse to have a midlife crisis.
Synbios
Ghetto Motherfucker
Registered Member

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 10:42:24 AM »

Ever since I moved to Doha I feel like a completely different person. As I've gotten older I've learned to not make the same mistakes twice and now I'm at a point in my life where everything is good. I seriously don't have any problems I can think of or any vices holding me back.

For instance I know I have an addictive personality and I know that can be detrimental to my health so I intentionally moved to a place where I'm forced to live a clean and healthy life. I've replaced some of those urges with sports and other activities. Because of that I'm probably in the best shape I've ever been in and I just feel great both physically and mentally.

I'm single but I have a bunch of options on the table except I'm being extremely careful in terms of how I proceed and what decisions I make. I don't act on impulse anymore whether it comes to girls or whatever else. No dating people I work with unless it's worth the risk. No dating older girls no matter how hot they are unless I'm willing to go all the way. No more dating friends that could potentially lead to awkward situations in my social circles (unless I'm willing to lose other friends in the process). And most importantly, no more rushing to change things when life is good.

The last thing I've learned is to really appreciate things as they happen. Right now life is good and I know it. I don't want to wait until this phase of my life passes for me to reflect on how awesome it was. It's much better to take it all in understanding exactly what it is. And because I'm happy I'm not rushing to change things for the sake of changing them which is something I've been guilty of so many times in the past. I want more eventually but I also want to be smart about how I do things.

I don't know if it's because I have a very clear head or because I'm getting older but it feels good to realize mistakes you've made in the past so you can avoid making them again.

Anyone else notice this about themselves? Have you learned from the past? Do you see things differently now?

I can't speak about addiction because I've never really been addicted to anything, well, except maybe coffee and cigarettes.

Women: I made the same mistake like 4 times in a row with my ex, who was fucking crazy and had borderline personality disorder. It was terrible, wouldn't recommend. Also, no unprotected sex even though it's so fun. Same girl tricked me into thinking she was preggo for 3 months (I thought I was a dad and gave her money for an abortion, which she then lied about having.)

The other thing I've done really well in lately is staying out of trouble- this is probably because I'm older now and I don't like being arrested.

My views on everything sure have changed throughout the years though. I trust people way less than I did before but I'm still the same old easy going person with everyone.

My plan is to have a shitty life and regret my 20's as much as possible so that by the time I'm in my 40's, I'll have no excuse to have a midlife crisis.

That's what I'm talking about.
BANHAMMERED!
BANHAMMERED
BANHAMMERED
Registered Member

FACE YOU ARE BAN!

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 06:46:40 PM »

I haven't learned anything.

I've forgotten things, if anything.

BANHAMMERED!
William
Registered Member

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 12:27:54 AM »

Yes. I'm sure I've learned a shitload but don't feel like I have. Must be the stagnant scenery. Rather I feel like my brain is atrophying and I'm losing that important contextual thread linking present William to bygone Billiam... Even as I'm better positioned and far more resolute about avoiding past mistakes than I probably ever have been. Ironically, these would be my "wandering years", if I were to catalog them like Ivy. Because even as I stay put my mind is like totally adrift. I don't like it.
BANHAMMERED!
BANHAMMERED
BANHAMMERED
Registered Member

FACE YOU ARE BAN!

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 01:13:05 PM »

deep.

still haven't learned anything. 27 is a bitch.

BANHAMMERED!
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx