gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

WE NO WANT YOU ON OUR LAND!

gfx gfx
gfx
382772 Posts in 11274 Topics by 329 Members - Latest Member: kyol May 16, 2024, 10:49:42 PM
gfx*HomeHelpLoginRegistergfx
gfx
Khakain  |  General Category  |  Dimensional Void  |  Topic: Re: So... are any of you Trump supporters?
gfx
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Re: So... are any of you Trump supporters?  (Read 2209 times)
William
Registered Member

« on: February 14, 2017, 12:44:38 PM »

Boys who've had trouble navigating a "politically correct" world and don't like being told they either *can't* tease or will otherwise be shunned for teasing vulnerable people. For mercilessly chastising easy targets. For reductive arguments about race, religion, and gender that-- for whatever kernels of truth they might hold-- aren't ultimately interested in the completest version of the truth.

And let me tell you it's damn hard to separate the ones that just like teasing from the ones that take it further

Yes, and I meant to add earlier that I *get it*. Most of us have all been there, especially us guys, but we grew out of it! Our angst wasn't given supreme political power. Nor was the tedious and self-defeating political correctness of Campus Liberalism nearly as bad in 2008 as it is today. I understand the backlash, however shortsighted.

These confused kids see a thin-skinned, selfish manchild who does and says as he pleases without regard for others. And in him they see a bit of themselves. Something cooly authentic. "Hey, haha, Rosie O'Donnell is a dikey heifer i almost skullfucked a moose fuck yeah"! Someone in other words who doesn't make them feel bad for the often inappropriate or obnoxious thoughts going through their heads that they feel freshly liberated to express now, freed from recent fears of cultural reprisal.

In a way I feel bad for them because what they don't get is that Trump would be selling pencils from a cup on some Manhattan street corner if not for the fortune he inherited. He can say as he pleases because he is rich and has said fortune to fall back on. Whereas they'll be responded to with extreme prejudice and proportionate (if not greater) harshness than whatever they doll out... Soon as they're expected to be responsible, self-sufficient adults in the real world. He's setting a horrific example for a whole generation of impressionable young men.

And like you I have no idea how much connective tissue there even is between them and the Richard Spencer / Neonazi / ethnostate advocates who're trying to recruit from their ranks. Troubling and sad mang.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 02:06:41 AM by William » Logged
William
Registered Member

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 09:26:47 AM »

Thanks, William, for defending be from Koosh's unfair caricature, haha, but I didn't vote for Johnson. I haven't voted for a presidential candidate since 2008, IIRC.  No human being is fit for the office of POTUS, and I will not be held responsible for the monsters that occupy that office. If you held a gun to my head and told me to pick a candidate, I suppose I would have voted for Jill Stein because of her foreign policy.

I'm practically an an-cap now.

Peace.

This is actually a really respectable position and any honest, quasi-objective analysis would yield to a belief that our system of propping up an elected emperor with veto powers and signing statements and executive orders is actually very insane. Based on an arcane attachment to hierarchy; our need to filter everything we do through a hierarchical structure w/ a lopsidedness tantamount to lunacy.

Like even believers in hierarchy have given way too much power to CEOs and the world leaders of nation-states, leaving us @ the mercy of one man or woman's worst whims. Our religious attachment to this method of organizing society enables grifters, con men, and tyrants like Trump to wield power with limited accountability or correctability.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx